Every nine out of ten dollars in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry come from online sales, according to an infographic by Grip, a Web-based software that automatically generates images at scale.
The infographic offers insights into the current state of e-commerce in FMCG, also known as CPG (consumer packaged goods), as well as why e-commerce is no longer just an option for FMCG (it's a must-have) and which verticals have seen the most growth.
With the rise of e-commerce, brands will require better ways to stand out online. The graphic highlights five ways companies can improve their online presence.
Among the suggestions are personalization, reclaiming shelf appeal, and improving customer service.
To learn more about the role of e-commerce in CPG, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget—Recession Strategies and Tips: Lindsay Boyajian Hagan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Pros and Cons of Printed Marketing Materials
- Customer Marketing: The Key to Surviving the Economic Downturn
- Industry Foresight: Forecasting the Future of Your Market
- First-Party Data Isn't Enough: You'll Need the Right Data Infrastructure to Derive Value From Your Marketing Data
- The Attention Economy—How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts: Doug Binder on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]