It's no secret that visual content is everywhere: You're reading this text now, but you clicked on this article for the infographic below, right?
The graphic also points out that it takes only 13 milliseconds to process an image, which means that writers can have a hard time keeping readers' attention when there is so much visual content to stimulate those readers.
The infographic offers a few tips for Web writers. Among those tips:
- Put the most important information into the first two paragraphs.
- Use subheads and bullet points.
- Highlight important words.
- Supplement text with informative images.
The graphic also notes that video usage online is increasing, as is the use of virtual and augmented reality. To learn more about the visual online world, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]