What happened in the world of influencer marketing last year?
An infographic by influencer marketing platform Collective Bias, an Inmar influencer marketing company, highlights key points from several studies the company published in 2017 and 2016, and offers insights into the marketing tactic.
Specifically, the graphic looks at trends in the following categories: famous faces, product-loyal moms, consumer holiday shopping, platforms, sponsored content, and food trends.
Here are selected takeaways for each of those groupings:
- Famous faces: Celebrities aren't as influential as "regular people" in relation to purchase decisions, the infographic points out.
- Product-loyal moms: Moms are big online sharers; nearly half of them share images.
- Consumer holiday shopping: Shoppers are looking to social media for gift-buying inspiration and recommendations.
- Platforms: Amazon Spark is growing in popularity, but 46% of influencers say they are still "iffy" about the platform.
- Sponsored content: Consumers don't mind sponsored content, the graphic says, but they are also responding to content quality, so keep it high.
- Food trends: Moving beyond restaurants, influencers and the Pinterest platform are having a big impact on grocery buyers as well.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- Two Great Tactics That Work Great Together, B2B Social Selling and ABM: LinkedIn's Ty Heath on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- CDPs, DMPs, CRMs... Oh My! Which Data Solution Is Right for You? (A Guide for Marketers)
- Your 2020 Marketing Plan the Kondo Way (Or How to Avoid CMO FOMO)