What happened in the world of influencer marketing last year?
An infographic by influencer marketing platform Collective Bias, an Inmar influencer marketing company, highlights key points from several studies the company published in 2017 and 2016, and offers insights into the marketing tactic.
Specifically, the graphic looks at trends in the following categories: famous faces, product-loyal moms, consumer holiday shopping, platforms, sponsored content, and food trends.
Here are selected takeaways for each of those groupings:
- Famous faces: Celebrities aren't as influential as "regular people" in relation to purchase decisions, the infographic points out.
- Product-loyal moms: Moms are big online sharers; nearly half of them share images.
- Consumer holiday shopping: Shoppers are looking to social media for gift-buying inspiration and recommendations.
- Platforms: Amazon Spark is growing in popularity, but 46% of influencers say they are still "iffy" about the platform.
- Sponsored content: Consumers don't mind sponsored content, the graphic says, but they are also responding to content quality, so keep it high.
- Food trends: Moving beyond restaurants, influencers and the Pinterest platform are having a big impact on grocery buyers as well.
To see the entire roundup, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Continue reading "Top Influencer Marketing Trends of 2017 [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021
- What Are You Going to Do About Your Outdated B2B Buyer Personas?
- Wonderfully Weird Ideas: Scott Trobaugh and Cliff Lewis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Successful B2B Relationships
- Senior Marketers Are (Very) Optimistic About the US Economic Outlook