By now you know how to look smart in meetings; those tips may be satire, but the truth about meetings isn't so funny.
According to an infographic by small business lender Fundera, manager attend a whopping 61 meetings per month, on average, and workers spend on average four hours per week in meetings—but say half that time is wasted.
All that meeting time adds up: The US alone wastes $37 billion per year on unproductive meetings, the graphic reports.
What can you do to help solve the problem and give people back their valuable time? First, the graphic suggests, ask yourself whether you need to have a meeting at all. It offers a humorous flow chart to help you figure out the answer to that question.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns