By now you know how to look smart in meetings; those tips may be satire, but the truth about meetings isn't so funny.
According to an infographic by small business lender Fundera, manager attend a whopping 61 meetings per month, on average, and workers spend on average four hours per week in meetings—but say half that time is wasted.
All that meeting time adds up: The US alone wastes $37 billion per year on unproductive meetings, the graphic reports.
What can you do to help solve the problem and give people back their valuable time? First, the graphic suggests, ask yourself whether you need to have a meeting at all. It offers a humorous flow chart to help you figure out the answer to that question.
And it offers a reminder that, based on a Verizon study, 91% of people admit to daydreaming in meetings, and 39% to dozing off. So before you schedule that next meeting, take a moment to think whether it's really needed. This infographic can help:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Productivity, Time, and Money: The Benefits of Remote Work [Infographic]
- Turn Training Into Fun and Games (Literally): Level Ex CEO Sam Glassenberg on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Biggest Challenges to Aligning B2B Marketing and Sales Teams
- Strong Evidence That the Remote Workplace Is Here to Stay
- Trusting Remote Workers: The New Normal [Infographic]