By now you know how to look smart in meetings; those tips may be satire, but the truth about meetings isn't so funny.
According to an infographic by small business lender Fundera, manager attend a whopping 61 meetings per month, on average, and workers spend on average four hours per week in meetings—but say half that time is wasted.
All that meeting time adds up: The US alone wastes $37 billion per year on unproductive meetings, the graphic reports.
What can you do to help solve the problem and give people back their valuable time? First, the graphic suggests, ask yourself whether you need to have a meeting at all. It offers a humorous flow chart to help you figure out the answer to that question.
And it offers a reminder that, based on a Verizon study, 91% of people admit to daydreaming in meetings, and 39% to dozing off. So before you schedule that next meeting, take a moment to think whether it's really needed. This infographic can help:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Marketing as a Service, or How to Improve B2B Marketing Impact
- How AI and the Metaverse Impact the Datasphere [Infographic]
- The Top Driver of Employee Retention Is Meaning
- Better Together: The Importance of Aligning Sales and Marketing Teams
- The Data-Related Activities Marketers Spend the Most Time On
- Sales and Marketing Alignment Insights, Strategies, and Success Indicators: Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]