By now you know how to look smart in meetings; those tips may be satire, but the truth about meetings isn't so funny.
According to an infographic by small business lender Fundera, manager attend a whopping 61 meetings per month, on average, and workers spend on average four hours per week in meetings—but say half that time is wasted.
All that meeting time adds up: The US alone wastes $37 billion per year on unproductive meetings, the graphic reports.
What can you do to help solve the problem and give people back their valuable time? First, the graphic suggests, ask yourself whether you need to have a meeting at all. It offers a humorous flow chart to help you figure out the answer to that question.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Difficult People: 'Jackass Whisperer' Scott Stratten on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Rise of Revenue Operations [Infographic]
- A CMO's Thanksgiving: Five Reasons I'm Thankful for Managing the Marketing Mayhem
- How Much Work Actually Gets Done at Work?
- How Productive Are Remote Workers?