Why, oh, why, in a time when Marketing and Sales alignment is all the buzz, are some marketing and sales teams' goals still not syncing up?
1. Communication: Nearly half of all sales and marketing professionals agree this is a major issue, according to the graphic, and lack of communication is preventing each team from getting what they need from the other team.
2. Broken processes: Even something as simple as setting up regular, scheduled meetings can help.
3. Disconnected metrics: When Marketing focuses on brand awareness and top of funnel leads, whereas Sales priorities are attaining quotas and speeding up the sales cycle, it's hard to find a meeting of the minds about what to focus on.
Check out the infographic to see how your organization fares against these three challenges:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Three Ways to Help Women Join the Ranks of Agency Owners
- It's The Golden Age of Marketing. So Why Is the Fractional Model So Attractive?
- Is Microlearning the Future of Workplace Training? [Infographic]
- Delegation Tips From 10 Successful Leaders [Infographic]
- To Create Engaging Content, Your Marketing and Creative Teams Need to Be Strategic Partners
- The State of Ethnic Diversity in the Marketing Industry