SEO can quickly get complicated as algorithms change and marketers try to stay up-to-date on new technologies and content trends.
But the team at content marketing agency Optimist reminds us that sometimes we marketers overcomplicate things. (Who, us?!)
They put together the slightly tongue-in-cheek-but-still-useful No BS Guide to SEO, which you can see below.
And they remind us that SEO consists really of just three main components:
- Basic on-page and technical optimization
- Great content
- Showing your content to the right people
So take a deep breath, see where you arrive on the flowchart, and go tackle SEO:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]