According to an infographic by Happify, 70% is a number any manager will want to remember: "Managers account for at least 70% of the variance in employee engagement scores across business units," Gallup has found.
In short, a bad manager very likely means a less-motivated employee. And that should motivate you to want to become a better manager.
Happify's infographic offers tips on how to do just that.
The three factors that most motivate employees, according to the graphic, are...
- Mastery: Allowing people to learn on the job
- Membership: A sense of community
- Meaning: Working for a purpose
So thank your employees, organize that team outing, and read on for more tips on how to be a motivating manager:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Productivity, Time, and Money: The Benefits of Remote Work [Infographic]
- Turn Training Into Fun and Games (Literally): Level Ex CEO Sam Glassenberg on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Biggest Challenges to Aligning B2B Marketing and Sales Teams
- Strong Evidence That the Remote Workplace Is Here to Stay
- Trusting Remote Workers: The New Normal [Infographic]