According to an infographic by Happify, 70% is a number any manager will want to remember: "Managers account for at least 70% of the variance in employee engagement scores across business units," Gallup has found.
In short, a bad manager very likely means a less-motivated employee. And that should motivate you to want to become a better manager.
Happify's infographic offers tips on how to do just that.
The three factors that most motivate employees, according to the graphic, are...
- Mastery: Allowing people to learn on the job
- Membership: A sense of community
- Meaning: Working for a purpose
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Company Behaviors That Employees Won't Tolerate
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- The Most Unacceptable Office Communication Habits and Manager Behaviors