According to an infographic by Happify, 70% is a number any manager will want to remember: "Managers account for at least 70% of the variance in employee engagement scores across business units," Gallup has found.
In short, a bad manager very likely means a less-motivated employee. And that should motivate you to want to become a better manager.
Happify's infographic offers tips on how to do just that.
The three factors that most motivate employees, according to the graphic, are...
- Mastery: Allowing people to learn on the job
- Membership: A sense of community
- Meaning: Working for a purpose
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Get to Great Ideas by Pushing Past the Obvious: Dave Birss Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Overcoming Isolation to Boost Employee Engagement: 'Back to Human' Author Dan Schawbel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]