Influencer marketing results on average in an ROI 11 times higher than that of traditional marketing methods, such as TV, print, and desktop ads.
Yes, 11 times!
And, the infographic points out, for every dollar spent on influencer marketing, brands are earning $6.50 in return.
Marketers who work with influencers need to figure out which type is right for their brand: microinfluencers, who have fewer than 10,000 followers, or macroinfluencers, such as celebrities.
Working with bigger influencers means bigger costs and wider reach, but the engagement rates are often higher among smaller influencers.
Regardless of which type of influencer is the best fit for your brand, you'll want to find influencers who use the platforms your customers and prospects are on. Nearly all influencers use Instagram, followed by 70% using Facebook and 46% using Snapchat.
For more on influencer trends, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]