As businesses and marketers anticipate the rise of artificial intelligence (AI), virtual and augmented reality (AR), and the Internet of Things, mobile will be in the thick of it all for the foreseeable future.
A Google CEO Sundar Pichai puts it, we are now witnessing the beginnings of "an important shift from a mobile-first world to an AI-first world."
For example, big-name brands—from Ikea to Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and Volvo—are already using augmented reality (AR), and the global market for mobile AR apps is projected to reach 3.9 billion by 2020, according to information DCI cites.
So check out the infographic for what marketers and businesses can expect in mobile app development this year and in the years to come:
Continue reading "Mobile App Development Trends in 2018 and Beyond [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation
- Audiences' Attitudes Toward Mobile Ads and Apps [Infographic]
- Why B2B Apps Need App Store Optimization Now More Than Ever