Marketers must keep an extra close eye on changes in search algorithms if they want their brand's search results to stay high in the rankings. And they need to be especially vigilant when strategizing for local searches.
Here's your cheat sheet: An infographic by MDG Advertising explores how local search has evolved (thanks significantly to the use of mobile devices) and explains what marketers can do to maintain high rankings.
One thing marketers can do is stay updated on consumer behavior. "Restaurant-related Google searches that include a ZIP code have fallen by 30% because searchers now know that their location is evident," according to the graphic.
Marketers can also make sure their Google My Business information is up-to-date and that their business's reputation remains good.
For more on how marketers can better manage local search results, check out the graphic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Search Engine Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Color Wheel Theory: Your New SEO Content Framework
- How Search Changed Last Year [Infographic]
- How Author Authority Affects Search Rankings
- SEO, Backlinks, and BEO: Three Pillars for Stronger PR and Brand Awareness
- How AI Will Affect Delivering Relevant Search Results
- Five Tips to Improve SEO Using Stock Images and Videos