Marketers must keep an extra close eye on changes in search algorithms if they want their brand's search results to stay high in the rankings. And they need to be especially vigilant when strategizing for local searches.
Here's your cheat sheet: An infographic by MDG Advertising explores how local search has evolved (thanks significantly to the use of mobile devices) and explains what marketers can do to maintain high rankings.
One thing marketers can do is stay updated on consumer behavior. "Restaurant-related Google searches that include a ZIP code have fallen by 30% because searchers now know that their location is evident," according to the graphic.
Marketers can also make sure their Google My Business information is up-to-date and that their business's reputation remains good.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]