Marketers must keep an extra close eye on changes in search algorithms if they want their brand's search results to stay high in the rankings. And they need to be especially vigilant when strategizing for local searches.
Here's your cheat sheet: An infographic by MDG Advertising explores how local search has evolved (thanks significantly to the use of mobile devices) and explains what marketers can do to maintain high rankings.
One thing marketers can do is stay updated on consumer behavior. "Restaurant-related Google searches that include a ZIP code have fallen by 30% because searchers now know that their location is evident," according to the graphic.
Marketers can also make sure their Google My Business information is up-to-date and that their business's reputation remains good.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- How AI Is the End of SEO... Or Not
- Top 7 SEO Mistakes in B2B SaaS
- The Decline of Cookies Means the Rise of Organic Search Marketing
- Unraveling SEO Secrets for B2B Marketers: Kyle Roof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Impacting SEO: Chris Rodgers on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]