At first glance, that number might scare marketers away from advertising on podcasts—but it shouldn't. Podcast listeners are a unique group:
- They are 45% more likely to have a college degree than non-listeners.
- They are 45% more likely to have an annual income over $250,000.
- They are distance listeners, with 80% listening to most or all of each episode.
- Those who listen weekly spend over 6.5 hours each week listening to podcasts.
- They are listening: 69% of podcast listeners said podcast ads have made them aware of new products or services.
Spending on podcast ads has increased from $69 million in 2015 to an expected $402 million this year, and that number is only expected to rise in the next years.
Ready for your brand to be heard? Check out this infographic to see if podcast ads are right for you.
Continue reading "The Meteoric Rise of Podcasting—and Podcast Advertising [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- The Big Gap Between Channel Ad Spend and Channel Consumption
- CTV Scale Is Here, So Where Are B2B Advertisers?
- The Target CPA Hype Is Real: A Checklist for Marketers
- How to Reach Families Watching On-Demand Video: Charles Gabriel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Ad Tech Failed the Middle Market. When Will We Learn?