Ranking on Google is getting more complex—and strategically important—every single year, and 2018 was no exception. Though we're well into 2019, a wide range of Google Search algorithm updates in the past year are still influencing our search results.
Some of those updates were predictable, but others caught us by surprise.
Think of it as a highlight reel of the most important ones to keep in mind: Many of those algorithm changes remain a significant factor in how you formulate your SEO strategy—not only for this year but also beyond.
To make sure you are on the right track to appeasing Google’s bots, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]