There is a right way to compose and send a guest-post or guest-article pitch, and there is a wrong way. Actually make those plural: "ways."
Content marketing agency PointVisible partnered with influencer outreach tool Pitchbox to ask 80+ editors about guest-post pitches—how many they receive, when senders should follow up, what elements they should contain, what are common mistakes, what kinds of subject lines work, and more...
In addition to answering those questions, the editors—from medium- and high-authority business and marketing sites—provided insights and advice about what makes for a good pitch that they'll actually open, read, and engage with.
So what did those editors have to say?
Check out the infographic for some highly useful guidance on how to write the perfect pitch.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Five Steps to Making an Excellent Explainer Video (Article 3 of 3)
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations