There was a time, not all that long ago, we had to physically visit a physical store or business to find out about the products or services on offer.
To get similar information today, most people type in a product-related query or business name into a search engine browser on their desktop or mobile device.
Hence the importance of search engine optimization (SEO).
Today, to a large extent, business websites are how customers find businesses and how businesses find customers, and so the content on those websites must be search-optimized.
Search engine algorithms, however, continually evolve. Keeping up takes constant vigilance, including monitoring and awareness of SEO trends.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]