There was a time, not all that long ago, we had to physically visit a physical store or business to find out about the products or services on offer.
To get similar information today, most people type in a product-related query or business name into a search engine browser on their desktop or mobile device.
Hence the importance of search engine optimization (SEO).
Today, to a large extent, business websites are how customers find businesses and how businesses find customers, and so the content on those websites must be search-optimized.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]