Marketers are investing heavily in display ad campaigns to drive brand awareness as well as sales. But ROI hinges on being able to personalize ads to the consumer, showing them the right ad at the right time to convert them to customers.
Today, more than half of all US digital ad spending goes to display, and 85% of that spend is programmatic. Marketers shifting greater percentages of their budget to display are under pressure to prove and improve the impact of that spend on revenue.
Winning in display—especially programmatic display—is all about data: The more accurate, complete, and actionable the data, the better the results of ad campaigns.
In today's mobile-first world, without insights on consumer phone calls, marketing data is not complete. More and more consumers are using their smartphones to research purchases, and they are calling businesses by the billions to ask questions, schedule appointments, and place orders.
Their conversations provide rich intel on consumer intent, preferences, and value that marketers can leverage to optimize and personalize messaging and campaigns.
The following infographic from call tracking and analytics provider DialogTech presents important display ad stats and best-practices. It also explains how marketers can leverage first-party data derived from consumers' phone calls—to target the right consumers with the right ads and more accurately prove display-campaign ROI. Check it out:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24