Marketing has been rapidly evolving, along with technology, including hardware, software, and the online ecosystem.
Marketers' day-to-day responsibilities, together with what's expected of marketing departments and marketers, have shifted accordingly. So have marketing skill sets and the structures of marketing teams—as have attendant costs, including marketing salaries.
Headcount is a large part of the cost of running a marketing function. (And, an often overlooked cost of running marketing teams has to do with training and education, as well, which are vital for keeping up skills in a fast-changing environment.)
So how much needs to be budgeted for marketing hires?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Build a Brilliant Marketing Plan
- How to Align Sales and Marketing Teams for Max ROI
- Seven Ways to Turn Marketing Teams Into Agile Jedi Masters [Infographic]
- Big Data: Big Opportunity or Big Headache?
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Difficult People: 'Jackass Whisperer' Scott Stratten on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]