Marketing has been rapidly evolving, along with technology, including hardware, software, and the online ecosystem.
Marketers' day-to-day responsibilities, together with what's expected of marketing departments and marketers, have shifted accordingly. So have marketing skill sets and the structures of marketing teams—as have attendant costs, including marketing salaries.
Headcount is a large part of the cost of running a marketing function. (And, an often overlooked cost of running marketing teams has to do with training and education, as well, which are vital for keeping up skills in a fast-changing environment.)
So how much needs to be budgeted for marketing hires?
LeadMD has compiled salary-range data for a typical small marketing team's various roles, together with the skill sets and responsibilities for each role, depicting that information in an infographic.
Check out the infographic for the details:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Workers Want From Their Employers Right Now
- Advancing Racial Justice, One Decision at a Time: Lee Deas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Your B2B Marketing Career: The Parable of Melanie the Mindful Marketer
- To Advance Racial Justice, Have Those Uncomfortable Conversations: Lori Hall on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Six-Step Checklist for Planning Your Marketing Campaign