Marketing has been rapidly evolving, along with technology, including hardware, software, and the online ecosystem.
Marketers' day-to-day responsibilities, together with what's expected of marketing departments and marketers, have shifted accordingly. So have marketing skill sets and the structures of marketing teams—as have attendant costs, including marketing salaries.
Headcount is a large part of the cost of running a marketing function. (And, an often overlooked cost of running marketing teams has to do with training and education, as well, which are vital for keeping up skills in a fast-changing environment.)
So how much needs to be budgeted for marketing hires?
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Management:
- Better Together: The Importance of Aligning Sales and Marketing Teams
- Sales and Marketing Alignment Insights, Strategies, and Success Indicators: Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Job Seekers Lying About Their AI Skills?
- Reduce Friction With a Yearend Marketing Road Map for Smooth Sailing in 2024
- How to Build a Great Marketing Team in 2023 | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Employee Engagement Strategies for Remarkable Experiences and Effective Onboarding: Joey Coleman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]