The content that B2B marketers are producing is clearly not up to the task, according B2B decision-makers.
They cite the following as their top issues with marketing content: too fluffy (50% of decicion-makers), not relevant (47%), not personalized (34%), misleading (29%), behind a form (28%), or hard to find (24%), according to an eMarketer report.
For the marketers behind such sluggish marketing performance, a quick look in the mirror should make it clear why that's the case: bad-habit strategy, low-metabolism execution, overly processed tactics, and sugar-high shiny-object software that's used improperly (if at all).
When your marketing is out of shape, what better way to get back on track than with some good-old marketing fitness?
A content marketing infographic by Lee Odden, CEO of B2B marketing services firm TopRank Marketing, uses personal fitness transformation as a metaphor for content marketing transformation.
The infographic features 10 core marketing exercises to get you focused on the fundamentals so you can better integrate, optimize, and activate your content for success. Check it out:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- Eight Graphic Design Trends That Will Dominate 2023 [Infographic]
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]