"Everybody writes, but not everybody writes well," MarketingProfs' Ann Handley is fond of saying. And it's true. Marketers, especially, are regularly tasked with projects that involve writing—everything from email campaigns to ad copy to blog posts to video scripts and so much more.
Which is why becoming a better writer is so important for marketers—and for all business professionals.
The writing advice is laid out in a series of sections: "the 4 principles of deliberate practice," "think before you write," "how to structure your content," "7 basic writing skills everyone must master," "5 advanced writing skills," "nurture a writing habit," and "how to get started."
To become a better writer, check out this handy infographic:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- 8 Tips for Discovering Your Writing Genius [Infographic]
- Social Distancing Is Changing the Way We Write. That's a Problem.
- How to Write Your Face Off: Writing for Non-Writers
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Nine Cringey Mistakes in Marketing Writing and Content