"Everybody writes, but not everybody writes well," MarketingProfs' Ann Handley is fond of saying. And it's true. Marketers, especially, are regularly tasked with projects that involve writing—everything from email campaigns to ad copy to blog posts to video scripts and so much more.
Which is why becoming a better writer is so important for marketers—and for all business professionals.
The writing advice is laid out in a series of sections: "the 4 principles of deliberate practice," "think before you write," "how to structure your content," "7 basic writing skills everyone must master," "5 advanced writing skills," "nurture a writing habit," and "how to get started."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Nine Cringey Mistakes in Marketing Writing and Content
- Four Writing Lessons From Dr. Seuss: Create Instantly Memorable Marketing Copy
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]