Can a business succeed without competent employees? Highly unlikely. Yet, companies small and large tend to have relatively little control over retention of top talent. If employees want to leave, they will.
But little control doesn't mean no control. What's more, employers and managers have some effective tools and tricks at their disposal to see trouble before it arrives and take action to head off employee disengagement and turnover.
What can you do?
Some typical red flags go up when employees are disengaged and disgruntled; have a way of being on the lookout for them. You can also measure engagement among employees. To head off retention problems, ensure that you're avoiding common causes of disengagement and low retention. And, finally, be a good employer by offering nontraditional benefits.
Based on a survey of 700 experts who were asked a series of engagement and retention-related questions, accounting and payroll software provider Patriot Software offers a detailed roundup of their suggestions and best-practices.
Check out the following infographic and related article for more:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Management:
- MarketingProfs PRO Members Talk to Marketing Smarts About How They're Surviving (and Thriving) [Podcast]
- Agility vs. Speed: How Agile Marketing Can Manage Volatile Times
- How to Eliminate Distractions and Put Success in Your Way: 'Attention' Author Rob Hatch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why Employees Don't Focus on the Customer Experience
- How to Solve Conflicts With Your Business Partners by Developing Win-Win Agreements
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.