Every salesperson wants a healthy pipeline, but many don't have a reliable way to take its temperature. Beyond just "healthy" or "dry," what do you need to look at to truly gauge the health of a sales pipeline?
You definitely need to know the metrics of each stage of the pipeline and how they can be used to understand overall pipeline health.
By using hard numbers at every stage of the pipeline, salespeople are able to see not only where the bottlenecks are but also what's causing them.
Sound useful? You can use the following nine key sales pipeline metrics—and their formulas—to uncover insights that help you optimize your sales process, streamline your sales funnel, and maximize your resources.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- How to Identify SQLs Based on Sales Intent Behavior: Awareness Stages and Demand Gen
- Using Behavioral Progressive Profiling to Drive Demand Generation
- How to Generate High-Quality Traffic That Turns Into Leads and Sales: Brian Dean on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- [Video] How to Use Neuroscience to Increase Your Demand Gen Success Threefold
- Quality Over Quantity in Lead- and Conversion-Scoring
- The Top Tactics for Generating High-Quality B2B Leads