At the beginning of 2020, senior marketers predicted various trends for the year ahead, including increasing content overload for audiences, the need to develop empathetic marketing approaches, and the growing importance of harnessing customer data.
Of course, none of those experts could have foretold that COVID-19 would upend the lives of customers, shake the markets, and drive businesses to rework their marketing programs.
So, how do marketing experts feel about their 2020 soothsaying in light of the pandemic?
To find out, PAN Communications asked some of the marketers who shared their opinions at the start of the year to revisit their earlier predictions.
An infographic (below) looks at the revised opinions of these industry leaders and explores what they think marketers should be watching closely in the second half of 2020.
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show