For many people, the prospect of trying to negotiate for a higher salary sparks discomfort or even fear.
However, making the effort can pay off: Although only 39% of workers attempted to negotiate a salary increase during their last job offer, 85% of those who did so ended up with better offers.
So, how can you effectively negotiate the best salary?
A recent infographic (below) from The Black Swan Group provides five tips for securing more desirable outcomes, including advice for how to position yourself and which words you should try to get the other side to say.
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- Why Employees Are Staying at Their Jobs [Infographic]
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen the Right Career | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top Skills Among B2B Marketers on LinkedIn
- The Average Tenure of CMOs at Big Companies
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World | Marketing Smarts Live Show