For many people, the prospect of trying to negotiate for a higher salary sparks discomfort or even fear.
However, making the effort can pay off: Although only 39% of workers attempted to negotiate a salary increase during their last job offer, 85% of those who did so ended up with better offers.
So, how can you effectively negotiate the best salary?
A recent infographic (below) from The Black Swan Group provides five tips for securing more desirable outcomes, including advice for how to position yourself and which words you should try to get the other side to say.
Check out the infographic:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Six Tips for Moving From B2B Marketer to Solutions Architect (And Why You Should)
- Five Tips for Avoiding Decision Fatigue During a Job Search [Infographic]
- How to Grow Your Professional Network in the Digital-Only Era
- Four Things Introverts Can Teach Us About Networking
- How to Foster Well-Being While Working Remotely [Infographic]