For many people, the prospect of trying to negotiate for a higher salary sparks discomfort or even fear.
However, making the effort can pay off: Although only 39% of workers attempted to negotiate a salary increase during their last job offer, 85% of those who did so ended up with better offers.
So, how can you effectively negotiate the best salary?
A recent infographic (below) from The Black Swan Group provides five tips for securing more desirable outcomes, including advice for how to position yourself and which words you should try to get the other side to say.
Check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Five Tips for Negotiating a Better Salary [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Avoid Marketing Irrelevance: Stop Asking 'What's Our Budget?' and Start Asking 'What's Our Revenue Target?'
- The Power of Writing Your Story [Infographic]
- How to Crash-Proof Your Personal Brand in a Tight Job Market
- The Average Job Tenure of CMOs in 2020
- Proving Marketing to Execs (Part 2): Marketing's Language Problem