The estimates of search volume were based on anonymized clickstream data provided by third-party data providers.
An infographic (below) consisting of charts explores how search volume for terms related to various marketing goals (increasing brand awareness, driving traffic, etc.) varied over a 15-month period.
The researchers found that terms related to the outcome of building backlinks spiked and then dropped in the period examined, whereas interest in goals like boosting brand authority and improving SEO had more sustained increases.
Check out the infographic for more insights:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show