Unfortunately, e-commerce websites don't always do right by their visitors.
Sometimes they employ "dark patterns," or tactics that trick online shoppers into completing actions that benefit the brand more than the customer.
An infographic (below) from Merchant Machine looks at 12 of the most common dark patterns.
It covers common tactics such as trick questions, misdirection, and forced continuity.
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Websites:
- Three Things Every Great SaaS Landing Page Does Right [Infographic]
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners