Being funny is good, right?
Sometimes it is. Humor in marketing can grab attention and make your brand memorable.
But there are also downsides to looking for laughs. If your jokes fall flat, you can offend and annoy audiences.
An infographic (below) from Media Update looks at the pros and cons for marketers of using humor (or "humour", as the South African publication spells it).
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges