I just delivered a keynote the University of Michigan Alumni in New York ... clearly a career-minded group of professionals....
They really got the message about personal branding. I was surprised, however, to learn that most of them have not focused on building their on-line identities. Virtually all of them had googled themselves, yet few had ideas for how to increase their visibility by building their brands in bits and bytes.
Personal googling is a phenomenon. Your clients, partners, hiring managers and colleagues are googling you. In a world that is becoming more and more virtual, your on-line identity is often your entire identity.
Do you know what google says about you? Are you pro-actively managing your on-line identity?
Continue reading "Personal Googling" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- The Role of Music in Your Brand: Sam Parvin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Power and Value of Brand: Maggie Gross on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Brands Americans Feel Most Intimately Connected to in 2021
- Are Businesses Creating and Using Brand Guidelines?
- Why B2B Branding Is More Important Than Ever