I just delivered a keynote the University of Michigan Alumni in New York ... clearly a career-minded group of professionals....
They really got the message about personal branding. I was surprised, however, to learn that most of them have not focused on building their on-line identities. Virtually all of them had googled themselves, yet few had ideas for how to increase their visibility by building their brands in bits and bytes.
Personal googling is a phenomenon. Your clients, partners, hiring managers and colleagues are googling you. In a world that is becoming more and more virtual, your on-line identity is often your entire identity.
Do you know what google says about you? Are you pro-actively managing your on-line identity?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Important Are Online Reviews for Local Businesses?
- Naming Your Product: Shades of Meaning (An Inside View Into Nail-Polish Naming)
- Tradeshow Branding Do's and Don'ts: How to Maximize ROI and Results at Industry Events
- Online Reputation Management 101: What You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Should Brands Take Public Stands on Political Issues?