I just delivered a keynote the University of Michigan Alumni in New York ... clearly a career-minded group of professionals....
They really got the message about personal branding. I was surprised, however, to learn that most of them have not focused on building their on-line identities. Virtually all of them had googled themselves, yet few had ideas for how to increase their visibility by building their brands in bits and bytes.
Personal googling is a phenomenon. Your clients, partners, hiring managers and colleagues are googling you. In a world that is becoming more and more virtual, your on-line identity is often your entire identity.
Do you know what google says about you? Are you pro-actively managing your on-line identity?
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Three Online Community Management Challenges B2B Brands Face
- Nine Rebranding Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
- How the Barbie Movie's Marketing Genius Can Inspire Your Podcast—and Your Own Marketing
- The What, Why, and How of Community- and Brand-Building for B2B Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Whiteboard Animation Videos Are Also for Branding: Here's How to Get It Right
- Four Steps to Get Your Team Writing in Your Brand's Voice