I had heard a week ago from the blog of Shel Holtz (of For Immediate Release fame) that a PR agency called Text100 had set up an office in SecondLife, and my immediate reaction was somewhat ambivalent....
With Adidas, American Apparel, and the Starwood Hotel opening, I ignored it as a sort of "me too" thing. That was until I saw their introductory video on YouTube that was entirely filmed in SecondLife and provides a great introduction as to why SecondLife is a communication tool of growing importance.
Link to video for feedfans
Apart from the fact that this supports the message that Text100 can serve as a guide to companies around the communication opportunities in SecondLife, it demonstrates a wonderful way use SecondLife for corporate videos.
Think about virtual tours of facilities, product launches, even testing product concepts. It seems to me that SecondLife is a great opportunity to help customers experience aspects of your company, your products, your ideas...in ways that are more visceral and tangible.
Continue reading "Corporate Videos 2.0: SecondLife Machinima + YouTube" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How to Build Trust With Data Visualization: Caroline Jerome on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Employee Advocacy Can Improve Your Content Marketing Performance
- Storytelling in B2B: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- No Time to Create Content? Turn One Webinar Into Nine Marketing Pieces in Less Than 14 Days... Without Killing Yourself
- A 17-Step Process for Creating High-Performing Articles [Infographic]