Tim Jackson shaves his legs. Troubling? Yes, but as usual he has a good reason for doing so....
It started as a childhood aspiration. Young Timothy was determined to join the world of professional bike racing and be like his hero, Greg LeMond. At the tender age of 12, Tim began shaving his legs and has not stopped for 24 years. He definitely stands out in a world of hairy-legged men.
"Shaving is the number one way we identify ourselves as cyclists in this world. It is the badge of seriousness, dedication, passion or belief. Shaving sets us apart from the unwashed masses of non-cyclists (or those dirty little mountain bikers who don't shave)."
The right aspiration, relentlessly pursued, results in a difference the world can see!
So, what is the right aspiration relentlessly pursued that any of us must choose if we are ever to be different enough for the world to see?
- We all know that in a noisy world "different" is what gets you noticed.
- We all know that being different, just to be different, doesn't take you far.
- We all value the authentic difference that comes from passion, belief, soul and spirit.
- We all marvel at the power of communities, formed around meaningful difference.
What is the equivalent of "shaved legs" in your industry, profession, or business? What will it take for you to get the razor out?
There are many "right" answers to this question. I bet you have some ideas, experiences, and insights.
Care to share?
Continue reading "Aspire to Greatness: Shave Your Legs!" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How to Build Trust With Data Visualization: Caroline Jerome on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Employee Advocacy Can Improve Your Content Marketing Performance
- Storytelling in B2B: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- No Time to Create Content? Turn One Webinar Into Nine Marketing Pieces in Less Than 14 Days... Without Killing Yourself
- A 17-Step Process for Creating High-Performing Articles [Infographic]