If you are struggling to understand the impact of new technology on consumer behavior and marketing strategy, you will find it helpful to have the classification developed by Brian Kardon, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer of Forrester Research....
Speaking at last week's MPlanet conference produced by the AMA, Brian identified 10 forms of social computing often referred to as Web 2.0:
Social Networks (MySpace)
Open Source Software: (Linux)
Search Engines (Google)
User Review Portals (Trip Advisor)
Comparison Shopping Sites (Shopzilla)
Brian has generously made his presentation slides available here http://www.forrester.com/mplanet
"Power to the people" on the Web now comes in 10 varieties. Which one is affecting your business most significantly?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]