Did you see these Volkswagon commercials over the weekend? I know they have been probably around for about 4 weeks now, but they slipped in past my TiVo and scared the hell out of me....
I don't know what freaked me out more, the Giants and Rutgers both losing this weekend or these ads. I had to rewind them about 3 times each.
Now, I don't think they are going to make me go out and buy a Volkswagen (strictly Japanese in this household), but for advertising these are a home run.
Target audience was probably the 25- to 30-year-old crowd with a message that a VW will save your life and your co-riders life in a car accident. Powerful and simple message that breaks through the clutter. Nicely done. Why don't you ditch the Slash guitar ads and just pound these home? Talk about scaring a car buyer into the safety message!
Continue reading "Volkswagen Commercials Pass the TiVo Test" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How to Build Trust With Data Visualization: Caroline Jerome on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Employee Advocacy Can Improve Your Content Marketing Performance
- Storytelling in B2B: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- No Time to Create Content? Turn One Webinar Into Nine Marketing Pieces in Less Than 14 Days... Without Killing Yourself
- A 17-Step Process for Creating High-Performing Articles [Infographic]