I started a new job last week at HP as Vice President, Marketing for its Digital Photography and Entertainment businesses. Think digital cameras, photo compact printers, Snapfish, retail photofinishing and DVD on demand.
I am very excited by the tremendous growth opportunities in all these businesses for HP and by the market disruptions that digital technologies provide us. I look forward to leveraging my customer centricity and web 2.0 experiences to compete with the likes of Kodak.
So here are my recommendations for your summer vacation shopping:
- Digital camera r937 (available this summer): this 8-megapixel camera has the largest touch screen interface (3.6inch) of ANY camera on the market. This allows you to apply creative touches, easily tag photos, add e-mail addresses for easy sharing and create slide shows .... all in the camera. The digital camera includes the latest HP Design Gallery features such as in-camera red-eye removal, pet-eye fix and the famous slimming feature. Don't forget to buy a few accessories!
- HP Photosmart 475 Compact Photo Printer: This compact printer is the only printer of its kind: it allows you to store up to 1,000 photos! It also lets you print true-to-life 5 x 7" photos, as well as 4 x 6"s and panoramas.
- Snapfish: Register for the best value in photography (12c each 4x6 print) and benefit from the summer sale with 30% off all gifts
- Visit our Photosmart studios, for example at Albertsons in Huntington Beach. *Update* - Find the HP retail photo service closest to you to quickly create fun photo products here.
- Download a few movies at Walmart.com
The obvious next question is: what should I do with my blog? I welcome your thoughts, suggestions, feedback, and advice on the following questions:
- What topics should I cover? Web 2.0 marketing, digital photography trends, our new products and ventures, all of the above?
- Should I be more "aggressive" in challenging competitive claims?
- Which name shall I give the blog?
I cannot wait to hear your thoughts.
Continue reading "The Coolest Job on the Planet" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Does Including Video on Site Landing Pages Boost Conversions?
- Struggling to Write Effective Whitepapers? Here Are Five Steps for Planning One
- 12 Boosts for Speeding Up Your Content Campaign Delivery [Infographic]
- Growing and Changing: The Evolution of the Podcast Audience
- Five Quick Video SEO Tips to Help More People Find Your Content