I just returned from the Online Marketing Summit in San Diego where, among the many sessions, I found myself in a room of over 80 marketers who claimed to be A/B testers. I could believe it if it were a direct marketing conference, but an online marketing conference? Has the world of direct response finally made it's way online in a disciplined and systematic way?
We were all listening to a presentation by the senior director of marketing from TrustedID, Lomit Patel, reporting about his nearly 100% increase in the all important conversion funnel. Assisted by VP of client services from Interwoven, Andrew Eisner, we learned how a multi-variate approach to testing is the next frontier in e-commerce.
Apparently online marketing is growing up in sophistication -- not just in optimizing sites for search or bidding for ad spots on Google -- but in the elements most in the control of marketing, website graphics, copy and offer.
Please help me confirm this trend.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]