Leave it to the Brits to come up with a really effective (and provocative) social marketing campaign that promotes safe condom use. Set to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas, this new version is not only funny and entertaining, it even has little animations to go with it.
With a tagline that says, "Don't Play the Sex Lottery. Use a Condom," the viral social marketing video should be making its way around the globe easily, especially with the younger demographic. I know, I know, how did a Boomer like me receive it? My daughter's girlfriend, a med school student, sent it to her.
Nonprofit marketing is tough enough in good times. But, in tough economic times, it grows even more difficult. You really need to stand out to get noticed, and that's a challenge with budget cutbacks or little budget. This video is a great example of using few funds to create widespread awareness for a social cause. It'll be interesting to see how many page views this group gets and how many Brits actually call the Sexual Health Hotline.
Take a look for yourself. What do you think? Do you think something like this could work in North America?
The campaign seems to be funded in part by NHS Choices, a coalition of government and healthcare agencies. Check out the other resources and videos on their site, too.
BTW, Happy Holidays to all my friends at MarketingProfs Daily Fix!
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies: Bob Wiesner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Eight Approaches for Coming Up With Great Infographic Ideas [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Avoid the Bane of Boring Content
- How to Level-Up Your Content Marketing With a Topic-Cluster Plan
- Small Business Content Marketing Trends for 2022
- 16 Tips for Becoming a Better Content Writer [Infographic]