Leave it to the Brits to come up with a really effective (and provocative) social marketing campaign that promotes safe condom use. Set to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas, this new version is not only funny and entertaining, it even has little animations to go with it.
With a tagline that says, "Don't Play the Sex Lottery. Use a Condom," the viral social marketing video should be making its way around the globe easily, especially with the younger demographic. I know, I know, how did a Boomer like me receive it? My daughter's girlfriend, a med school student, sent it to her.
Nonprofit marketing is tough enough in good times. But, in tough economic times, it grows even more difficult. You really need to stand out to get noticed, and that's a challenge with budget cutbacks or little budget. This video is a great example of using few funds to create widespread awareness for a social cause. It'll be interesting to see how many page views this group gets and how many Brits actually call the Sexual Health Hotline.
Take a look for yourself. What do you think? Do you think something like this could work in North America?
The campaign seems to be funded in part by NHS Choices, a coalition of government and healthcare agencies. Check out the other resources and videos on their site, too.
BTW, Happy Holidays to all my friends at MarketingProfs Daily Fix!
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]