Over the past few years, online video has grown from a "nice to have" tool to a "must-have" for marketers. Today's consumers don't simply enjoy video; they expect it.
As the means of production, video delivery infrastructure and video viewing habits have evolved, the level of video watching online has soared. For example, MarketingProfs found that 181.4 million US Internet users watched more than 39.4 billion content videos on Google Sites. In any given month, 60% of the country watches online video.
Yes, these lofty stats are fueled more by entertainment than marketing videos, but as marketers, we are greatly interested in the habits and expectations of our customers. We need to deliver our information in a manner and in a medium in which it will be noticed, consumed, and appreciated.
Why do we feel video—particularly entertaining video—fits the bill?
Having video on a website's landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on the first page of Google searches.
The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video than a website without one.
Email opt-outs can be reduced by as much as 75%.
Why Video Is Effective
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Understanding Modern Marketing: Marketing's Evolution and Digital's Impact
- The How and Why of Experiential Marketing: 7 Tips to Do It Right
- The Digital Marketer's Omnichannel Struggle Is Real [Infographic]
- Interactive Content and the Future of Live TV
- The Personality Traits of Top Digital Marketing Influencers