Some marketers seem to have an uncanny ability to predict the future. That includes the speakers at next month's MarketingProfs' B2B Marketing Forum in Boston, the theme of which is "Marketing for What Comes Next."
Thirty-one of the B2B Marketing Forum speakers sat down with our friend and #mpb2b speaker Lee Odden to share where they think marketing is heading.
The B2B marketing futurists are...
Their predictions range from realistic to ridiculous, and some sound like they're right out of a sci-fi novel. (But remember when touchscreen tablets were science fiction?)
Here are some highlights from the e-book:
- Laura Fitton predicts the end of "Franken tools" and awkward manual number-crunching; as a result, we will spend less time measuring results and more time getting results.
- Tom Webster anticipates B2B marketers will know as much about customers as B2C marketers know about theirs (and that robots will be doing his job).
- Christopher Penn predicts that we may be only a decade away from "a neural interface to marketing platforms." If you think it, it will come.
- Gini Dietrich expects travel time to be minimized as we gain the ability to beam up—just like Scotty—rather than waste time on the road traveling.
- Heidi Cohen foresees a complete economic collapse that will lead to all marketing becoming B2B marketing!
Those five marketers and 26 others offer their insights about where B2B marketing is heading; they'll give you a sense of what kind of discussions you can expect if you're attending the B2B Marketing Forum in October.
Check out all the predictions:
I hope to see you in person in Boston, October 8-10.
Can't make it in person? You can still get access to great sessions from many of these speakers on-demand. Register here for on-demand.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Saturated Marketing Tech Landscape: The Case for Consolidation
- Navigating the Marketing AI Landscape of 2024: Four Trends
- Martech 2024: Three Trend Predictions
- How to Gain Managerial Approval for Your Go-to-Market Strategy
- Fundamental Change Is Coming to B2B Marketing in 2024
- Knuckle Down in 2024: Three Predictions for Tough B2B Marketers