There is no denying that marketing automation delivers results: a 10% increase in marketing contribution to pipeline, a 20% increase in generated sales opportunities for nurtured leads versus non-nurtured leads, and converting 53% more leads to Marketing-qualified leads.
The most common reasons given for reluctance to adopt marketing automation range from lack of time or budget to the inability to get executive approval.
One less-talked-about objection, however, is the most likely culprit: fear of the unknown. The biggest hesitation comes from those who have not used marketing automation before. For those unfamiliar with the technology, it can be scary to make the decision to invest in it. No one wants to screw up, or look dumb by not being able to use all the bells and whistles.
However, there are numerous resources for studying up on marketing automation. This video from Salesfusion's Marketing Minutes Video Series provides an overview of what marketing automation is, also outlining how to determine whether a business could benefit from a marketing automation solution.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 10 Biggest Emerging Global Risks According to Experts