Video marketing is more important than ever as consumers increasingly research products before making purchases. In fact, a 2011 survey found that buyers of technology products ranked video third—behind only brochures and whitepapers—as the type of content they consume when evaluating a purchase.
Though you might already have your video marketing strategy figured out, as with most new technologies, video standards and platforms are always changing.
The following tips will help ensure that your video platform—and the videos you create—remain future-proof.
1. Choose a cloud-based platform
You do not want to run the risk of viewers' not being able to load your video. Using a cloud-based platform will reduce your costs and decrease potential network issues to deliver a high-quality video experience to your target audience.
Most cloud-based solutions will deploy your video content to multiple servers or rely on a content delivery network (CDN) to ensure that they can handle a large number of viewers at any one time.
Your company can therefore focus on the video content rather than the day-to-day IT support required to deliver the content to your viewers. Furthermore, cloud-based vendors can easily develop and update platforms to make sure you have the most advanced, up-to-date features to meet your needs in a quickly changing environment.
2. Choose a platform with social collaboration features
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 2020 CMO Predictions From Marketing Influencers [Infographic]
- How Small Businesses Can Hit a Home Run This Holiday Shopping Season
- The Formula for a Can't-Fail Message Strategy (And Why Creativity Isn't Enough)
- Customer Analytics and Data Privacy Laws: On a Collision Course?
- Three Marketing Mistakes That Are Costing E-Commerce Companies Revenue