Marketers, looking for ways to take your branding strategy to the next level? Here are 35 ideas and examples of brands that are doing it right.
1. Go full-on Branson
Virgin Group gets brand extensions right, creating new products in categories such as airlines, hotels, communications, and banking. Not all of those ventures succeed, but they are always aligned with Virgin's daring attitude and tone of voice.
2. Adapt your formula to meet consumer concerns
Once, Aspartame was OK. Now, consumers are worried it might be dangerous for their health. PepsiCo has announced it will stop using aspartame as a sweetener in its drinks.
3. Attack your competition
That's risky, but also memorable. Apple and Microsoft have engaged in a series of ads comparing each other's products. If you think you might lose, better skip this one.
4. Partner up
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- Two Great Tactics That Work Great Together, B2B Social Selling and ABM: LinkedIn's Ty Heath on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- CDPs, DMPs, CRMs... Oh My! Which Data Solution Is Right for You? (A Guide for Marketers)
- Your 2020 Marketing Plan the Kondo Way (Or How to Avoid CMO FOMO)