We're all in pursuit of that satisfying moment when our message and our tactics come together to really improve performance. But the biggest challenge for a lot of distributed marketing organizations is that they can't get that same level of visibility on the money they're spending with their independent partners.
In my experience, there is always a fear that the money you're investing is not creating the results you want.
No one wants to throw good money after bad. That's why brands and their partners need to know how to navigate three common challenges.
Challenge 1: Building the Right Campaign
First things first. Brands do a lot of research to ensure their message will resonate in-market for a national campaign. Brands have complete control over that message. Traditionally, if your brand markets through a channel partner, you're giving up an element of control.
When I talk to our customers, I find that they're spending a lot of OpEx on building a channel marketing infrastructure with agencies to create assets, with vendors who are supposed to manage the execution, and with all the departmental headcount it takes to get all this in the field.
But what we hear again and again is that big brands are really frustrated that so many partners end up going to market with advertising that's not brand-compliant. That's why it's crucial to use technology that integrates a digital asset manager (DAM) with an integrated ad builder that uses dynamic templates. Together, they allow partners to localize campaign assets within preconfigured brand guidelines.
Using marketing technology in this way helps brands ensure that...
- Every ad will deliver the message that you envision.
- Your brand and your partners will spend a lot less money on agency fees.
- Your team won't need to dedicate so much time and headcount to reviewing and approving thousands of local ads.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]