We are all after content that converts readers into customers, gets shared, builds backlinks, and ranks high in search results.
Those are goals worth seeking, but there's one problem: Focusing on the ends can make you neglect the means.
The simple truth is, you cannot achieve any of those results unless your content manages to engage your target audience.
Engagement is the first milestone on the road to more sales, backlinks, or shares. Nothing beats the satisfaction of getting a flurry of comments on your post.
Besides, more than 83 million posts are produced every month on WordPress alone. That's more than 230 posts in a minute. Your content must tick many boxes to stand out from the crowd.
This article will discuss nine ways to make your content more engaging.
1. Don't Tick Them Off Even Before They Read a Word
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Agile Can Help You Balance Content Quality and Quantity
- Why the Future of Marketing Is Video: 40+ Statistics [Infographic]
- How to Create Buyer-Focused Sales Content That Gets Traction
- 29 Ways to Improve Your Writing Skills and Avoid Content Mediocrity [Infographic]
- How Marketers Would Spend Additional Content Budget