Everywhere you look, there are more and more SaaS startups popping up. With easy scalability and high growth rates, it's a business model that works—but your business still has to be marketed well.
Whether you're in HR, music, entertainment, or accountancy, you want to reach more of your target market, engage people effectively, and control churn rates. Here are five ways you can market your subscription business more effectively.
1. Give away a lot for free... but not everything
Giving away something (such as a free trial) is the top subscription marketing tactic.
It's easy to implement, and, if your product is good, it's guaranteed to work. Your goal is to get people so hooked on your tool or product that they can't picture their life without it.
Here are three tips for offering freebies:
Don't be too generous. Keep something back for paying customers. Whether your trial comes with a usage cap or some restricted features, don't give it all away for free.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 22 Tips to Help Make Free Shipping Profitable [Infographic]
- How to Price a Marketing Proposal: Four Proven Approaches
- Five Ways to Compete Against Low-Price Competitors
- How to Increase Conversion Rate With Up-Selling, Cross-Selling, and Down-Selling Methods
- Are Online Product Prices Lower Than In-Store Prices?