Personalization is changing marketing these days. Big Data and machine-learning systems are taking on a larger and more intricate roles, and businesses now have access to the kinds of information they need to create content tailored to individuals.
Plus, personalization is easily one of the most effective ways to turn visitors into customers: Fully 75% of shoppers agree that content customized around their interests influenced their decision to purchase.
However, many marketing teams still struggle with creating the kind of content that people crave. Half of online customers report they are "underwhelmed" with companies' personalization offers, and nearly 40% of marketers say they do not have systems in place needed to offer this type of targeted messaging.
Creating personalized content that communicates the value proposition that matches each individual customer is the key to making sales in today's complex marketing landscape.
If you are ready to create more personalized content that provides meaningful value, there are some things you need to know. Let's dive in.
1. Be intentional with customer data
Of course, capturing the necessary consumer data to generate customized results is the secret to generating personalized content.
First, you must first decide what type of personalization you will offer. For example:
- Will you be offering personalized emails with shopping recommendations based on previous purchases?
- What about creating interactive content that offers customized information based on quizzes and assessments?
- Will your business offer personalized landing pages that tweak content features for each visitor?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Creative Habits to Inspire You and Make You More Productive [Infographic]
- How to Build an Exceptional Newsletter, According to People Who Did
- Five Surefire Ways to Boost Your B2B Marketing Content's Readership
- Press the Damn Button: Livestreaming-Expert Brian Fanzo on Marketing Smarts
- Why Testimonials Are B2B Companies' Most Important Marketing Tool