Long gone are the days when social media was thought of as a fad. Most businesses now need to have a strong social presence—because it's where target audiences spend a large portion of their time.
In short, you need to be marketing via social media. There's just no two ways about it.
Despite knowing that, many businesses still struggle with social media marketing, in large part because they think it's difficult to measure. It isn't. Let's look at some of the ways you can measure the success of your social media marketing campaigns.
1. Likes, Reactions, and Shares
The simplest way to measure the performance of your social media campaigns is to track the number of likes, reactions, or shares your posts get. If you have a Facebook business page, you can easily see that information on your Insights tab.
You can see how your posts are performing by post type and how many reactions, comments, and shares they get. That gives you an idea of what kind of content resonates with your audience.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Analytics Trends for 2019
- The Marketing Metrics That Matter to the Bottom Line
- How Content Intelligence Can Empower Your Business [Infographic]
- Data-Driven Marketing: How (and Why) to Move From Siloed Reporting to Data Ownership