Just two hours after Apple's January 27 announcement of the much-anticipated iPad, 71% of circulated tweets analyzed were favorable toward the iPad, up 21 percentage points from the 50% favorability recorded two hours before the announcement, according to a study from Attensity.
Sentiment toward the iPad improved and stabilized after Apple's official announcement:
- Two hours prior: At least 50% of tweets expressed positive sentiment toward the iPad.
- Two hours after: 71% of tweets expressed were positive, with extremely negative sentiment disappearing to a negligible 1%.
- Four days after: 69% of tweets were still positive for the iPad.
Among positive tweets, the three issues most commonly discussed were iPad applications (48%), followed by its comparison to the iPhone (38%), and screen quality (8%).
Looking for real, hard data that can help you match social media tools and tactics to your marketing goals? The State of Social Media Marketing, a 240-page original research report from MarketingProfs, gives you the inside scoop on how 5,140 marketing pros are using social media to create winning campaigns, measure ROI, and reach audiences in new and exciting ways.
Among those who disliked, or even hated, the iPad, the reasons most often expressed related to the following:
- Lack of support for Adobe Flash technology: 41%
- Already own iPhone : 28%
- Love their Kindle: 26%
- Lack of a camera: 3%
- Inability of user to replace his/her own battery: 3%
About the data: Attensity pulled a total of 55,000 tweets from Twitter and analyzed their content. Twenty thousand tweets were pulled in the two hours prior to the Jan. 27 event; another 20,000 two hours post-announcement; and an additional 15,000 four days later.
Continue reading "Twitter Reveals iPad Sentiment" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach
- Five Strategies to Increase Your Social Media Conversions