B2B marketers continue to shift their marketing mix away from traditional marketing vehicles toward social media and digital channels: 67% plan to increase spending on social media over the next two to three years and 64% plan to increase spending on digital and online marketing over the same period, according to a study by Booz & Co.
Meanwhile, 67% of surveyed B2B marketers say they plan to decrease spending on print advertising in the next two to three years and 74% plan to decrease spending on TV and radio advertising.
Marketing leaders, however, are shifting to social and digital channels faster. Roughly 39% of surveyed marketers are identified as "marketing leaders," defined in the study as those who perform well across four foundational capabilities (event marketing, direct marketing, customer training and development, and sales/marketing collateral development) as well as across leading-edge capabilities (multi-platform media campaigns, customer insights, data/lead management, and post-sales engagement).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)