Android owners in the US spent an average of 56 minutes per day interacting with the Web and apps via their phones in June 2011 and of that time, two-thirds (67%) was spent using mobile apps while one-third (33%) was spent browsing the mobile Web, according to a report from Nielsen Smartphone Analytics.
Interestingly, despite the hundreds of thousands of apps available for the Google Android OS, a very small proportion of apps make up most of the time spent on such devices.
For example, the top 10 Android apps accounted for 43% of the total time spent by Android consumers on mobile apps in June.
The top 50 apps accounted for 61% of all time spent using apps. That finding implies that with 250,000+ Android apps available on the market (as of June), the remaining 249,950+ apps are competing for the remaining 39% of the mobile apps pie.
About the data: Findings are from the newly launched Nielsen Smartphone Analytics report, which tracks and analyzes data from on-device meters installed on thousands of iOS and Android smartphones.
Continue reading "Android Stats: Apps Twice as Popular as Mobile Web" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation
- Audiences' Attitudes Toward Mobile Ads and Apps [Infographic]
- Why B2B Apps Need App Store Optimization Now More Than Ever
- The Most Effective Marketing Tactics for Driving App Installs
- Text Marketing: 2020's Digital Disruptor