Landing pages running $500 giveaway contests generate 700% more email subscribers than landing pages not running contests, according to a recent study by Incentivibe, a company that provides shared contest services.
Other key highlights from the study, which was based on data collected between March 15 and April 15 from three million visitor interactions on 100 websites that ran monthly giveaways, include:
- Sundays had the highest rate of visitors becoming email subscribers, while Wednesdays had the lowest rate.
- 11 p.m. ET had the highest rate of visitors converting into email subscribers, followed by 9 p.m ET.
- Contests were especially effective for the fashion industry—companies in that vertical saw 11 times more email subscribers, compared with 7 times more across all industries.
For more findings from the study, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The study data was collected between March 15, 2013, and April 15, 2013, from 3 million visitor interactions on 100 websites who ran monthly giveaways by using Incentivibe's shared contest services. The 100 websites average 30,000 unique visitors per month.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges
- Six Steps for Branding Your Emails Like a Pro [Infographic]
- The Anatomy of a Great Sales Outreach Email [Infographic]
- Seven Post-Purchase Email Conversations That Will Foster Customer Trust and Loyalty