Promoting a webinar more than seven days before the event can increase audience size 36%, even though most registrants sign up within a week of the scheduled date, according to a recent report by ON24.
In addition, the study, which was based on an analysis of more than 2,300 webinars from 500 organizations, found that sending a final email within 24 hours of the start time can increase registration 37%.
Below, additional key findings from the ON24 Webinar Benchmarks Report.
Pre-Webinar Trends and Best-Practices
Email remains the most effective tool for driving webinar registration, followed by the presenting organization's website.
The most common times for scheduling webinars in the US tend to be convenient for both the East and the West Coast.
- The average conversion rate of registrants to attendees is 42% (for marketing events only).
- That number can be affected by a wide range of factors, including company size and reputation, speakers, advertised content, and when the event is being held.
- Webinars delivered for training and corporate communications purposes typically have a much higher registrant-to-attendee conversion rate (60.4% on average).
Average Number of Attendees
Most large webinars (100 or more participants) averaged between 200 and 400 attendees.
Most organizations conducting webinars now include additional tools/content in the webcast console, including slide windows (98% of webinars examined), Q&A tools (81%), and speaker biographies (61%).
25% of those who registered for a webinar prior to the live date viewed the archived version of the event on-demand.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of more than 2,300 webinars from 500 organizations conducted on the ON24 platform. The webcasts were broadcast between January and December of 2012.
Continue reading "Webinar Benchmarks, Trends, and Best-Practices" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Biggest Frustrations of Content Managers [Infographic]
- It's About Time: Six Tried-and-True Ways to Extract Content From Your SMEs
- How to Build a Content Marketing Funnel That Will Drive Sales
- The Top Barriers to Creating Great B2B Content
- The Top 20 Content Marketing Hashtags, Topics, and Searches